University of Maryland Fire Rescue Insitute
The University of Maryland (UMD) invites applications and nominations of well qualified candidates nationwide for the position of Director, Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute.
The Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute (MFRI) is the State’s comprehensive training and education system for emergency services. The Institute plans, researches, develops and delivers quality programs to enhance the ability of emergency services providers to protect life, the environment, and property. MFRI provides state of the art fire, rescue, and emergency medical training programs.
In support of this mission, the MFRI Director will lead and implement a strategic plan to deliver a statewide system of training and education for emergency responders. The Director reports directly to the UMD President.
Safety and Health
- Free Safety Training for Roadway Incident Response Operations
- NFFF: The Silent Killer: Firefighter Cancer
- A Healthcare Provider Guide to Firefighter Physicals
Active Assailant Training
- Active Assailant Awareness Online Training
- Guidance to First Responders for the Active Assailant Incident
Resources in the MFRI Student Zone
- Student Medical Clearance Questionnaire and Forms
- Course Completion Certificates and Transcript Requests
- Note Taking Guides