Loudoun County Fire Department
It is the mission of the combined fire and EMS system of Loudoun County to provide residents and visitors with efficient and cost-effective fire protection, rescue, and emergency medical services.
The system also responds to and mitigates hazardous materials and related life safety and property threatening incidents, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and a staff of highly trained volunteer and career personnel located in strategically placed facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Fire and rescue services in Loudoun County are provided through a combination system that includes nearly 500 career and more than 1,500 volunteer personnel.
The Fire and Rescue Department, in conjunction with leadership of the volunteer component, coordinates fire and emergency medical services (EMS) that include:
- Administration and delivery of Fire, EMS, and related training
- Emergency response
- Fire prevention and investigation
- Hazardous materials response
- Swift water rescue
- Wildland firefighting
- E-911 Emergency Communications Center
- Public Education and Community Outreach Programs
- Coordination and mitigation of large-scale emergencies and disasters utilizing an all-hazards approach